IFREMER created OCEANOTRON in response to the problem of the multiplication of data formats. This server generates plugins that read different data formats, i.e. netCDF / OceanSites, SGBDR diagram and ODV binary format.
Use of the SOS and WFS services on the marine data for the OCEANOTRON project.
- Plugin that plugs into an existing, static application
- No direct access to the data sources, only to the various data (database, NetCDF or ODV file, etc.) via a Java app
- Management of the different output SOS (Sensor Observation Service) formats in addition to the basic XML format: Json and NetCDF4
- Adding an asynchronous mode to the SOS services to manage the download of voluminous data in the NetCDF format
- Good knowledge of the OGC SWE standard and netcdf.